As Baptists we are marked by certain distinctives that separate and differentiate us from all other faiths.
- We believe in the absolute authority of the Bible and hold to no other creed or guideline for our faith, government, practice and purpose.
- We believe that each church is autonomous and completely independent. For the Christian church there is no head but Christ and no headquarters but Heaven.
- We believe in the priesthood of every believer. The Bible teaches that we have one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus. Through Christ’s blood we are able to come boldly to the throne of grace by simply pleading the cross of Calvary.
- We believe that salvation is by grace through faith in the shed blood of Jesus Christ alone. Salvation does not come by our good works, or by the waters of baptism.
- We believe that the church is not a fortress but rather headquarters to bring about the purpose that Christ has given us to: preach the gospel, baptize believers and train people to serve the Lord and follow God’s Word.